Lots of progress has been made. I've rewired pretty much everything that needed to be rewired. Along with that, I've made an interface in Arduino which tells me pretty much anything I'd ever need to know about the robotic arm.
There's essentially three sections. We've got the counter section, which tells you the current count of each motor. The status section tells me the current selected motor, the current direction of the arm, along with whether or not the hand is grabbing something. Lastly is the microswitch section which tells me if each microswitch is pressed or not. Handy stuff. I hated every second of making it. Also behold, a fully wired nightmare.
You're probably tired of seeing this mass nightmare of wires, and trust me, so am I.