top of page
  • Writer's pictureNate Hopper

[ 4/10/23 - 4/14/23 ] Issues Arisen

This week starts off on not such a great note, as I soldered the 50 pin connector onto my circuit board, and it didn't work when I tested the motor driver. As it turns out, the wiring in the board is completely reversed, and the 50 pins are backwards.


Even worse, I couldn't get the 50 pin connector out of the board to test the theory my classmates posed that soldering the connector onto the other side of the board would fix my problem, so I had to do some inventive problem solving.

I soldered some pin headers onto the 2 pins I needed to test and onto the two I needed to move the signal to.


And to my complete surprise, it worked. It actually worked.

To be honest, it was a complete act of desperation, and I didn't think it would actually work, but this does prove the theory that the 50 pin connector is opposite to how it should be.


Along with all the testing of the circuit board, I made a new lid for our shop's sand blaster.

Some foam needs to be ordered to go between it and the rim of the sand blaster, so for now it's still not operational, but I'm super proud of how the cut came out.


There won't be a blog post for next week as we're going on vacation, but I'm super excited to fully test out the circuit board in 2 weeks!



9 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page